Saltar la navegación


International Relations Service

Contact Person:

Carmen González

Incoming Students

If your would like to study for a period of time at our University, you can do so by participating in an Exchange Programme for a semester or for an entire academic year, or by enrolling in one of the International Courses at Comillas.

Contact us on:

What do I have to do to go to Comillas to study as an exchange student?
  • You must be selected by your Home University to carry out an exchange at Comillas, either within the framework of a European programme such as Erasmus, or through a Bilateral Agreement
  • The Coordinator at your Home University should send us your nomination, with your name and surname, passport number, e-mail address, field of studies and length of the exchange before the following dates:
    • May 1 for exchanges during the Autumn Semester (September-January) or for the entire academic year
    • October 1 for exchanges during the Spring Semester (February-June)
    Once we have this information, you will receive a message with a user name and password, which will allow you to gain access to the computer database and to fill in your application form on-line.
  • You must print the application form, and once it is signed by your Coordinator, you should send it by e-mail or fax to:
        Universidad Pontificia Comillas
        Servicio de Relaciones Internacionales (International Relations Service)
        Fax: +34 91 542 8807

    If you are coming through a Bilateral or non-Erasmus Agreement, you should send a copy of your academic transcript as well.

Comillas will send letters of acceptance to your Coordinator or to the International Relations Service at your University.

Academic Information

Orientation Day

Comillas organises an Orientation Day for exchange students during which general information is given on the University and the different university services. Moreover, the Coordinators for International Relations from each School or Faculty provide specific information concerning how to register, course selection, etc.

For each academic year, two orientation days are organised, one for students coming in the Autumn Semester or for the entire academic year. The second is for students coming in the Spring Semester (it will be soon available).

You can also meet representatives of the student association "Comitas Exchange" at these orientation sessions. This club is composed of students at Comillas who have previously participated in exchange programmes; besides helping you, they try to organise social events, visits to tourist attractions, and escursions to nearby cities, among other interesting activities.

Spanish Language classes

Level Test

On the day of the Orienation, a level test is given for all students who wish to take the course ?Spanish Language for Exchange Students?, which award a value of 4.5 credits.

Beginning of classes

Spanish classes usually begin on the first Monday after the level test (for the February-June semester, classes begin on the day after the level test). There is a first week of intensive Spanish classes, between 10 and 15 class hours, and the rest of the hours are divided weekly, up to a total of 45 hours. Classes which are adapted to all levels of the European Common Framework of Reference for Languages are offered.

Language Exchange (practicing languages with another student

In addition, the Institute for Modern Languages at Comillas has created a "Language Exchange" so that foreign students can practice Spanish and so that Spanish students can practice other languages.


Comillas does not have its own lodging but the Information and Student Reception Office at our University can help you in your search.

The three most common options are:

  1. Living with a family (home-stay). In order to reserve a room with a family, you should fill out this application form and send it, as indicated, to the Information and Accommodation Office. They will select a family that meets your preferences, and the information will be sent to you. You will then have to confirm the reservation. Lodging with a family includes the cleaning of your room, laundry, and three meals per day (full board or "pensión completa"), or breakfast and dineer (half board or "media pensión"). In order to present this application form, it is also necessary to accept the Conditions and Norms for Accommodation with a Family by placing a tick in the box.
  2. Living in a private hall of residence. In order to live in a private hall of residence, it is necessary to contact them directly. You may request a list of private halls of residence from the Information and Accommodation Office. The majority include meals. Halls of Residence usually cost between 850-1110 euros per month.
  3. Living in a flat or apartment. You can arrive before the start of classes and stay in a "hostal" while you look for a flat or apartment. Many of these are shared, that is to say, you will have your own room, but will share the kitchen and living room with other people. Comillas has a list of flats and apartments for rent, which is updated on a daily basis, and is available from the Information and Accommodation Office, located in the building at calle Alberto Aguilera, 21.
  4. Application Form for Lodging for International Students 2012.

The Information and Accommodation Office has drawn up a summary of the most common expenses.

Medical coverage and insurance.

It is essential for international students who are not covered by the Spanish Social Security System (National Health Care) to arrive with an insurance policy taken out in their respective countries with additional coverage for illness, hopitalisation, accidents, civil liability and repatriation to the home country in case of accidental death, applicable and appropriate in each individual case for the entire period of stay at the Universidad Pontificia Comillas.

It will not be possible to register for classes nor to attend classes if students do not possess an appropriate and mandatory insurance policy.

International students who are covered by the Spanish Social Security System (National Heath Care) should arrive in Spain with an additional insurance policy to cover civil responsibility and repatriation to the home country in case of accidental death.

Students from the European Union - in order to gain access to the Spanish Social Security System, you should arrive in possession of the European Health Card.

This document is valid from 1 June 2004 and does not need to be exchanged for any other document. With this card, you can go to the INSALUD clinic nearest to your home.

Emergency telephone number for international students

24 HOUR EMERGENCY TELEPHONE: this number is answered by university personnel, and provides 24 hour personalised attention and service to international students in case of emergency

Practical information of interest

International Student ID

This ID card allows students to obtain free entrance to museums and other similar sites, and offers a series of discounts for transportation within Spain and for other countries (but not for urban transport).

You can obtain this ID card in the country of origin at the offices of the International Student Travel Centre (ISTC); you may also obtain it in Madrid at the "Oficinas de Turismo Juvenil de la Comunidad de Madrid" (Offices for Youth Tourism of the Regional Government of Madrid).

   C/ Fernando el Católico, 88
   28015 Madrid
   Tel: 915 437 412
   Fax: 915 492 243
   Timetable: Mondays to Friday, from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm.


Bank transfers may take up to 15 days if the bank involved does not have a branch in Madrid. If the bank in the country of origin has a branch in Madrid, the transfer usually takes only 3 days. Credit cards can be used everywhere. The most common ones are VISA and AMERICAN EXPRESS.

Information about Madrid

The following are some links to web pages on which you may find information on Madrid: public transport, shops, restaurants, entertainment areas and cultural activities:

Rates for Sending Packages to European Union Countries

Rates for Sending Packages to Non-European Union Countries

© Universidad Pontificia Comillas
C/ Alberto Aguilera 23 - 28015 Madrid - Tlf. (34) 91 542 28 00